Happy Friday all. Notice anything different around here? … My blog has had a make-over *throws confetti in the air*! A long over due one may I add.
A goal of mine this month was to refresh the design of my blog and to finally make that switch to WordPress.
There was nothing particularly wrong with the design I had before, I used a pre-made design template for years, it looked great and did it’s job. However, it was hard to navigate, took agessss to scroll down to the bottom of the page and I couldn’t search for topics easily. I was also using Blogger before and I didn’t have full control over the design, there were also certain features I wanted and it had poor SEO.
Any who I’m SO incredible happy the design and I’m glad I migrated over to WordPress. There’s still so much to learn! I hope you love the new design as much as I do.
So what’s new?
- Easy search navigation at the top, you can select which category you like and it will display all the relevant blog posts
- Responsive design / Mobile friendly
- A new “zoey olivia” logo
- A sliding banner at the top
- Blog posts are condensed on the home and category pages so you don’t have to scroll for ages and can click to read more if it tickles your fancy
- Featuring popular posts on the right hand side
- Latest Pinterest pins on the right hand side
- Archives drop down menu
- Categories drop down menu
- “You may also enjoy” feature – recommending similar blog posts
- Instagram feed at bottom
If you’re thinking of a jazzing up your blog with a lovely new design, I highly recommend checking out Pipdig. I bought one of their pre-made coded templates and they also helped with the Blogger to WordPress migration which was super easy.
As always you can follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog to see what I get up to daily. You can also reach me on twitter: @zoeyoliviablog. Or, if you like Bloglovin’, I’m kind of new to it but follow me on there.
blog look uhhhhhmazing, lady! great job, really LOVE what you’ve done with the place! ♥ sometimes a brand new template is all you need to get the creative juices flowing again..i’ve been thinking about redoing mine for a while actually…
katie. xx lacoconoire.com
Your blog looks lovely! I use a Pipdig theme, too…absolutely love it!
Mia | http://www.verymuchmia.com