Spring Beauty Loves

Well, it’s been a cosy rainy day and I’m about to have a little natter about some beauty favourites of mine.

Before I delve in, how’s everyone doing?

I seem to be on a string of beauty posts at the moment, and that’s not a bad thing! It’s actually how my blog started around ten years ago. I’ve shifted from beauty to lifestyle content over the years. But I’m glad to be writing about beauty again!

So, I thought I’d chat about some faves. The beauty products I’ve been reaching for a lot over Spring.

Firstly, two Jo Malone fragrances I’ve been wearing a lot are ‘Rose Blush’ and ‘Ginger Biscuit’ – complete opposites, one smelling of roses and the other is more of a Christmasy cosy scent. ‘Rose Blush’ is definitely fitting for Spring, and ‘Ginger Biscuit’ is more for those rainy days like today.

I haven’t been wearing a lot of make-up recently, but some products I’ve been enjoying are Max Factor’s ‘Miracle Pure Skin Improving Foundation’, it’s a very light base and for when I want a little bit of coverage on my face from time to time. I do still reach for Armani’s luminous silk too, when I’m going somewhere nice!

Some lipglosses and balms I’ve been loving are Summer Friday’s, Laneige and SUGAR lip treatment – they all have a slight tint, but are really lovely and nourishing.

Rare Beauty’s highlighter has been getting a lot of use since going on a bit of a Rare Beauty splurge a few months back.

I was won over by MONDAY’s dry shampoo’ pink packaging when I was browsing in Tesco a little while ago, it’s pretty decent as far as dry shampoo’s go!

The seated queen is a lovely cleansing face-mask, ESPA muscle balm has been working wonders on my overly tired muscles when I’ve been overdoing it at the gym. And lastly, Sunday Riley’s C.E.O Afterglow Vitamin C cream has been great for brightening my skin.

So those are my Spring loves!

Gosh, we are soon to be in June! I’m most excited for Wimbledon! I watch it every year without fail! Oh and the Euro’s too!
Other than my excitement for a tennis tournament and the Euro’s, I started slimming world three weeks ago too, it’s giving me a little motivation to lose a further stone or two.

I have been going to the gym a lot and running too! Currently in my exercise-running gal era.
I’m training for Race for Life in early June. I haven’t run a 5k since 2019, but I’m aiming to run some 5k’s before the actual race. I can only manage about 2.5km at the moment with a fairly ok-ish pace.

Anyway, I’d love to hear about some of your beauty faves, or some interesting events you’ve got lined up for the rest of Spring or heading into Summer!

16 Comments

• zoey
      Author
      May 24, 2024 / 8:09 pm

It’s really lovely. They have a few different shades. Thank you! xx

• zoey
      Author
      May 24, 2024 / 8:10 pm

I do like their cream blushers too! Thanks lovely. xx

1. May 24, 2024 / 7:40 pm

Your beauty picks sound lovely, especially those fragrances! Wishing you all the best with your training! As for me, I’m loving the Fenty gloss bomb, it’s been a savior for my no-makeup makeup days lately xx

Lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

• zoey
      Author
      May 24, 2024 / 8:11 pm

Thanks Lenne! Ooo I have a Fenty gloss too, haven’t used in a little while, need to wear it again as I do love it! xx

• zoey
        Author
        May 24, 2024 / 8:15 pm

Also Lenne, I tried to leave a comment on your blog a few times, and it wouldn’t let me. Just wanted to say how beautiful your photography is and loving the written content too. xx

• June 4, 2024 / 9:32 am

Aww shucks :((( I wonder what’s wrong with my comment section! Thank you so much for letting me know! And thank you so much for your kind words Zoey <333

2. May 25, 2024 / 9:46 pm

I need to try that SR CEO moisturiser! I love Rose Blush too!

I’m really looking forward to Wimbledon, the Euros and the Olympics this summer! x

• zoey
      Author
      May 26, 2024 / 4:14 pm

It’s really great! I’m wearing Rose Blush today, such a gorge scent.

Ooo yes, I forgot about the Olympics too! x

3. May 25, 2024 / 9:47 pm

Oh I SO need to check out the fragrances by JM and love the bottle. And the Fresh lip Sugar lip treatment looks amazing I am putting this on my must have list. The Afterglow looks good too. Thanks for sharing your faves here.

Allie of

• zoey
      Author
      May 26, 2024 / 4:15 pm

They are lovely! Aw glad to hear that, it’s a fab lip treatment. x

4. June 3, 2024 / 2:27 pm

So many lovely products! I hope you have a lovely June too, there is definitely so much sport coming up this Summer. I love Laneige lip masks, but would love to try one of these balms. It looks so much better in a tube, as I can’t be doing with the pot. The Jo Malone fragrances sound lovely too xx

Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

• zoey
      Author
      June 15, 2024 / 3:38 pm

Thanks lovely. The Euros have just started, so I’m enjoying the matches that have been on so far. Excited for England to play their first match tomorrow. The Laneige balms are great! xx

• zoey
      Author
      June 15, 2024 / 3:39 pm

Thanks lovely. The highlighter is so good! I’ve just published a post on Rare Beauty actually. xx