It’s been a busy couple of months. I’ve barely had any time to watch anything on Netflix, although we did FINALLY finish Stranger Things S4! Any who, I’m so happy it’s officially Autumn. Crunchy leaves, hot chocs, wooly knits – my kind of jam.
August and September have been a bit odd for me, health wise – I was highly stressed about a few things, caught the plague (not Covid thankfully) and our plans for IVF round 2 got complicated, however, I did have a lovely and much needed break to the South of France with Joe’s uni friends and partners.
If you’re curious about why our second round of IVF got complicated… in short, my egg count is ridiculously low that the consultant said it would be a waste of time and money going through IVF again. HOWEVER, they have suggested donor eggs as an option and do IVF that way. I feel really emotional just typing about it, because ‘it’ will never look like me and that makes me sad. BUT, I need to find a donor match, which could take up to six months or longer. It’s going to be a much longer process but I hope my body can carry a little egg/baby without complications. We shall see. There’s adoption too. But again… things are complicated.
It just seems like a non-stop battle with my health. It’s seriously never-ending! It’s like what can life throw at me next? Though, I keep smiling, pushing things to one side and putting on a brave face.
August & September Joys.
- Women’s Euro’s final, chatting with friends and home-made pizzas!!
- Tori & Mark’s wedding in early August!
- Brunch at my fave bakery ‘Flourish’ in Watford the day after T&M’s wedding.
- Corby for the weekend
- Beth & Alex’s for a catch up on a week-day eve.
- Being invited to an event at Grounded Kitchen for my Watford Foodie Instagram account. Ate lots of delicious Korean foods!
- Treating my grandad to a fancy sushi meal at The Grove in Hertfordshire.
- My cousin Becca’s hen do in Liverpool!
- Holiday to the South of France. Exploring villages and a bit of Spain too as we were on the boarder.
- Archie’s little face light up when we were reunited after a week.
- Getting back into fitness and healthy-ish eating – Joe signed me up for Apple Fitness and it’s like having a personal trainer.
- Making memories – making wine with grandad, and planning to go out for a meal with him this Thursday!
- Sausage strolling with lots of other sausage dogs and their owners in Hertfordshire.
We have more planned in for September, we have our anniversary on the 30th – we’ve been together for 12 years, madness! AND a IVF donor egg agency appointment that day too! Then I’m fully booked for October and most of November. October is my birthday month which is rather exciting, I’m having a girly birthday brunch with my besties, celebrating low-key style the weekend of my birthday as Joe will be on a stag do, BUT we are going to Sketch in London on my actual birthday which I’m really really excited about. Haven’t been since our 5 year anniversary!