June has been a bit of a weird one for me and I don’t know if I should call this ‘June Joys’. I’m grieving at the loss of my nan, but have had little time to process it.
Her funeral was a lovely but a sad occasion, I did a reading which I hope I made her proud even though I was shaking with nerves. Her wake was lovely, lots of memorable songs were played and the cakes were delicious. However, I’m still allowing myself to continue with life as she would have wanted me to. Work has been super busy, which is a bit of a distraction away from everything that’s going on.
There were many events and things that were joyful through-out June.
- Tori’s hen do in Oxford (at the end of May)
- Work’s Summer Social – We went axe throwing and had burgers at Honest Burgers
- Emily & Adam’s engagement party
- Seeing grandad often
- Jubilee local celebrations
- Chilling in the hot tub
- A lot of beauty splurging (reviews coming soon)
- The warmer days
- Getting the good news that I won’t need another operation (as it’s too risky)
- Pizza’s and cocktails with Beth & Alex
- Ciara & Chris’ son being born