I can’t quite get my head around being twenty nine! That’s roughly 10,585 days alive! (I’m a Scorpio for anyone who’s interested).
My twenties have been pretty great, as well as dealing with some hard times (being in and out of hospital for my endometriosis and mental health – more on that later…), having said that, the positives out weigh the negatives.
My early twenties were some what challenging, however, I feel that I have grown into a better person in my late twenties and achieved a lot of things along the way.
A special thanks to my husband, Joe. He always brings out the best in me and pushes me out of my comfort zone.
As well as my family and friends who support and have helped me when life gave me lemons.
Looking at the positives from my twenties: I graduated from university in 2011, I landed my dream job(s) and, Joe and I rented a cute little flat for four years, before purchasing our own home in mid 2018.
I also passed my driving test first time! And, Joe and I travelled to many beautiful countries, including Thailand, Canada and Santorini.
My 29th birthday was pretty epic – Joe treated me to some make-up and we spent the weekend in Bath. We stayed at the gorgeous Gainsborough Hotel where I was pampered and spoilt like a princess. As well as this, I was treated to Hakkasan in London – an amazing Michelin star dim sum restaurant.
Aged 28 has been the best year of my life – so many happy memories, besides a little set back with being hospitalised in November and December.
Regardless of what happened, everyone has been so understanding and I’m truly grateful and thankful for those I have in my life. That includes Joe, my family, my friends and my manager/company.
This year is all about self love and being confident in my self. Happiness, health and kindness are my 2019 goals.
As well as not putting too much pressure on myself and my blog. I’m scrapping the schedules and posting when I feel like it.
Writing helps soothe my soul, so there will be periods where I post a lot and there may be other months where I don’t post at all.
Usually I’m quite reflective in Autumn and Winter, so do expect lots of rambling thoughts on current affairs, my health and anything I’m loving – beauty, lifestyle, travel or fashion related!
Any who I thought I would re-visit my list of things to do before my 30th birthday (husband take note).
I’ve ticked off quite a few already – 11 out of 30 (not bad going but still 19 to tick off which seems unrealistic!)
1) Visit Bath
2) Eat at Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck
3) Visit Budapest
4) Visit Greece
5) Visit Edinburgh
6) Eat afternoon tea at Cafe Royal
7) Buy a house
8) Go back to Thailand
9) Eat afternoon tea at Claridges
10) Eat charlie and the chocolate factory afternoon tea at One Aldwych
11) Get married – married in 2016
12) Eat at Clos Maggiore
13) Eat Afternoon Tea at The Ritz
14) Take care of my body – size 8/10
15) Stress less
16) Take up a exercise class – once a week
17) Drink cocktails at Nightjar
18) Drink cocktails at Scarfes bar
19) Stay the night somewhere fancy in the UK
20) Visit Rome
21) Visit Marrakech
22) Visit Iceland
23) Go back to Orlando and enjoy the theme parks
24) See Nan and Grandad at least twice a month
25) Buy some fancy lingerie at Agent Provocateur
26) Invest in a nice designer handbag (Gucci Soho disco or YSL)
27) Go to the gym twice a week
28) Eat at Duck & Waffle again
29) Stay at the Gainsborough Hotel in Bath
30) Enjoy a spa weekend at Champney’s in Tring
What things would you like to do before reaching the big 30, let me know in the comments below!