I’m feeling rather nostalgic, so I’ve put together a list of 41 things we’re obsessed with a decade ago.
2) Alien Babies (that never had a baby…)
3) Happy meals – beanie babies
4) Inflatable bubble bags and chairs
6) Pokemon cards
7) Sticker books (football, pokemon and wrestling ones)
8) Polly Pocket
9) Skirt Trousers (just why?!)
11) Uploading 395993 photo’s on Facebook every week
12) Beaded necklaces
13) ‘Scene’ kid hair
14) 90’s criss cross necklaces
15) Collecting those world cup ‘football heads’
16) Sea Monkeys (the fascination of growing them)
17) Playing Mario Kart on Nitendo 64
18) Playing/Staying out till 9 in your local area on a school night (rebel o’clock)
19) Those Cadbury’s chocolate red dispenser things
20) When having £100 seemed like a lot of money
21) Watching the Queen’s Nose and Crystal Maze
22) Sunny D!
23) Sending notes to your friends instead of texts/emails
24) Getting pick ‘n’ mix from woolies
25) Being a pro at ‘snake’ on your nokia 3110
26) Singing along to ‘barbie girl’ by Aqua
27) Being obsessed with the spice girls
28) Buying Sugar and Mizz Magazines because you’re a grown up!
29) Playing Theme Hospital, The Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon
30) Spending far too much money buying ‘furni’ on Habbo Hotel and then getting hacked
31) The sound of connecting to the internet via a dial up modem on your windows desktop computer
32) Being petrified of Mr Blobby
33) Spending hours carefully colouring in your ‘velvet art’
34) Rollerskating with your bffe through your local streets
35) OMG! Scooters! Enough said…
36) Collecting Beanie Babies – the rare bears like Princess Diana
37) Playing Pokemon on your game boy
38) Watching Art Attack after school
39) Saturday mornings spent watching SM:TV live and Pokemon
40) Collecting furby’s and feeding them your finger
41) Watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Rugrats and Two of a kind on Nickledon
I really enjoyed putting this together and think I will continue writing a few nostalogic posts in the future, Looking back we had a great childhood didn’t we!
What’s your favourite memory from your childhood?